I'm not even sure that was hyperbole. I've tried and failed at starting blogs before, but this time something has changed: I actually have something about which I wish to blog.
Tomorrow is orientation for the School of Teaching and Learning in the College of Education at UF. My new home. In less than a week I formally begin the pursuit of a Ph.D., and I would like to document it. The first two years of grad school were extremely challenging, and I partially regret having no documentation of the journey. Moreover, I've been noticing discernible changes in my attitude toward life and key aspects thereof. For lack of a better term, I think I'm really growing up in a substantive way. Eventually, I would like to have this blog transform into more of a statistics education blog, but that's down the road.
To recap, this blog will include:
- Graduate school things (anecdotes, key events, milestones, etc.)
- My professional progress
- Things which I find relevant to my academic life (software workarounds, fixes, etc. - more for my future reference than anything)
- Experiences with growing up (but in a fact driven way)
- Statistics education postings (examples, data, etc.)
This blog will NOT include:
- Pictures of my food
- Where I am 24/7
- Political/religious ideology/rants
- Things of a solely personal nature
- What pleasure books I'm reading
If I stick with this blog (I will! I will!) the creation of another blog for the aforementioned exclusions might be in order.